HSC Dance Results
- 90% of students who undertake The Dance Tank External HSC Dance course achieve Band 5 and 6 (80-99%) between the years of 2010 to present.
- 30 NSW Board of Studies Callback performance nominations.
- Achieved 4th and 6th NSW State rankings for HSC Dance.
One of the largest and most successful external HSC Dance Courses in Sydney
- Teacher: Katelyn Boshell – B. Arts/B. Education Honours UNSW/ NSW Board of Studies Accredited.
- Class Structure: 1 x 2.5 Hour class with assistance from the student’s current dance studio for further technique lessons.
- The Dance Tank covers all three components of the Preliminary and HSC Dance course.
- Performance: Practical lessons focus on the elements of Safe Dance Practice and Performance Quality through choreographed examination works.
- Composition: Students are taken through the choreographic process to develop their Core and/or Major Composition examination piece/s.
- Appreciation: Theoretical component which students learn to analyse prescribed choreographic works for their written examination.
- All resource materials and booklets are provided by The Dance Tank External HSC Dance Program.
- The Dance Tank HSC Dance course runs as a class but flexible private lesson options are available.
- Eligibility: The external Preliminary and HSC Dance course is available to accelerated Year 10 students and Year 11/12 students. The students may undertake the course if their school does not run or offer the HSC Dance course; or as extra subject units; or as a Distance Education option.
Please enquire for further explanation.
- Correspondence: All correspondence for this course is communicated through the student’s school and submitted through the Board of Studies/Department of Education.
- Assessments and Examinations: All assessments and examinations are developed and assess against set guidelines reporting on each student’s achievement of the objectives and outcomes stipulated by the Board of Studies.
- Price: Cost of for The Dance Tank External HSC Dance course is available upon enquiry.